Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Favorite Read-Aloud Children's Books

One Morning in Maine (Picture Puffin)One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have a tattered paperback version of this book from my childhood. I would read this book and imagine I was the older sister, losing my tooth on the beach in Maine. It wasn't an outlandish fantasy — I grew up in Maine. I can almost taste the salty air and hear the loon laughing when I read this book to my children. I fell in love with this book as a child and I love it even more now that I have kids.


View all my reviews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book always makes me cry a little. But, in a good way. I'm convinced, that if more people read this book and were as generous as this tree, there would be a lot more happiness.




My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a hilarious book. The illustrations are intricately repulsive. You'll want to read it again after you put the kids to bed.




My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I read this book when I was in grade school. It was fantastical and imaginative. It made such an impression on me that, to this day, I can still remember how fascinated I was while reading it. I want to read it again!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It